What’s new in The Witcher 3 PS5? CD Projekt Red’s open-world RPG ‘next-gen update’ features a range of improvements and additions, more than five full years after the original game was released. The developer has brought some highly requested features to the upgrade which features graphical improvements, gameplay tweaks, and more.
In this guide, we’ve listed all the new and improved features we currently know about. The Witcher 3 PS5.
This guide is currently a work in progress. We’ll continue to update it as we receive new information from CD Projekt Red, leading up to the game’s release on December 14th.
The Witcher 3 PS5: All new and all the improvements
Below is a list of all new and all improvements in The Witcher 3 PS5. We have divided this list into categories for better readability.
This is entirely new content that has been added in The Witcher 3 PS5.
- A new quest based on the witcher Netflix show
- A new (optional) skin for Dandelion, based on the witcher Netflix show
- A new armor set for Geralt based on the witcher Netflix show
- New armor design (optional) for Nilfgaardian soldiers based on the witcher Netflix show
- New weapons, armor and items
- A fully integrated photo mode, with editing tools and filters
These are the ways The Witcher 3 PS5 has improved the visuals of the game.
- Higher resolution textures throughout the game
- Improved character models
- Improvement of environmental assets
- More varied NPC (non-playable character) models, especially in cutscenes
- 30fps ‘Quality’ mode which supports ray tracing (currently unconfirmed resolution, 4K is planned)
- 60fps ‘Performance’ mode (currently unconfirmed resolution, although The Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro ran at checkerboard 4K, so we’d expect the same here)
- Best draw distance
- More foliage, denser grasses
- Improved lighting effects and lighting
- Additional and more varied weather conditions, such as fog
These are the ways The Witcher 3 PS5 is technically improved.
- Significantly improved loading times, both when fast moving and when loading/reloading a save
- Improved audio quality of sound effects
- Improved voiceover audio quality
- 3D audio support on PS5
These are the gameplay additions featured in The Witcher PS5.
- The new “Quickcast” system allows players to cast signs without having to open the radial menu – instead, you just need to hold down a trigger and press the corresponding face button
- New camera setting (optional) places the camera much closer to Geralt, over his right shoulder, which applies both in and out of combat
- New (optional) movement settings for Geralt, where slow walking/sprinting is mapped to how far you push the left stick
- A “hybrid” minimap option has been added, causing the minimap and UI to disappear during gameplay until you press the focus button
- Map filters allow you to customize the amount of information you can see on the map screen
- You can now pause the game during cutscenes
These are the gameplay adjustments in The Witcher 3 PS5.
- Numerous gameplay adjustments (to be detailed in the full patch notes before the game is released)
- Rebalanced enemy scaling (when enemy scaling is enabled in options)
- Fall damage has been reduced
- Rats are no longer ridiculously deadly when level scaling is enabled
These are other additions and improvements that don’t necessarily fit into the previous categories.
- Full cross-save and cross-progress support for all platforms
- Full DualSense controller support, with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers
- Subtitles can now be scaled
- Added Simplified Chinese voice and localization
- Korean voice added
- Improved localization for other languages
The Witcher 3 PS5 FAQs
Below we have collected the most frequently asked questions about The Witcher 3 PS5.
Does The Witcher 3 PS5 include all DLCs and expansions?
Yes, The Witcher 3 PS5 offers all of the original game’s free DLC packs, as well as its two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. However, it’s unclear if you’ll be able to access the expansions if you’re upgrading from PS4 and don’t own them on that console. We have contacted CDPR for clarification on this point.
Is The Witcher 3 PS5 a free update?
Yes, The Witcher 3 PS5 is a free update if you already own the game on PS4. This counts for both the original release and the Game of the Year Edition.
Will The Witcher 3 PS5 get a physical release?
Yes, CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3 PS5 will receive a physical release. However, the release date of the physical edition is currently unknown. It’s expected to release after the upgrade’s digital launch on December 14, 2022. We’ll update this part of the guide once we know more.
What about The Witcher 3 PS5 trophies?
The Witcher 3 on PS5 will have its own separate trophy list from the PS4 version, although the trophies themselves are the same. Trophies you’ve already earned in the PS4 version Won’t do unlocks automatically if you transfer your save – you’ll need to earn them again on PS5 when starting a new game.
What do you think of all new and all improvements in The Witcher 3 PS5? Relive your monster-slaying adventure in the comments section below and check out our other guides for The Witcher 3:
#Witcher #PS5 #NextGen #Upgrade #Improvements